Nice and Easy Quotes About Reading
A3-Beginner++BNC LevelsCEFR LevelsIdeasPublicStep 3Stories ReadOasis 0
ReadOasis Step 3
To inspire us to read more, it always helps to have a good role model. When I was a boy, my father read to me before I went to bed. I can still remember the books he read to me! In this way, my father showed me that reading books was fun and good.
We can also find inspiration to read when we hear what others say about reading. Great people (and everyday people like you and me) have said interesting things about reading. We have listed their ideas here to help us all find more power to read. We made the lists in three levels: Very Easy, Easy, and Middle. We hope you enjoy them. This one is at the Middle Step.
- “I think it’s the books that you read when you’re young that live with you forever.” ― J.K. Rowling
- “I pity the people who don’t like to read, because then they spend their whole lives stuck in this one world and don’t get to discover any others.” ― Richard Denney
- “A good reading strengthens the soul.” ― Toba Beta
- “A fondness for reading, properly directed, must be an education in itself.” ― Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
- “Books are both our luxuries and our daily bread.” ― Henry Stevens
- “I have never known any distress that an hour’s reading did not relieve.” ― Charles-Louis de Secondat, de la Brède et de Montesquieu
- “An hour spent reading is one stolen from paradise.” ― Thomas Wharton
- “Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have.” ― Lloyd Alexander
- “Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” ― Voltaire
- “Reading… a vacation for the mind….” ― Dave Barry
- “Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” – Frederick Douglass
- “We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” — Philip Pullman
- “My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.” ― Edith Sitwell
- “A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.” — Madeleine L’Engle
- “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” — Jorge Luis Borges
- “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. – Maya Angelou
- “The most technologically efficient machine that man has ever invented is the book. – Northrop Frye
- “Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one’s hand.” ― Ezra Pound
- “Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
- “Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.” ― Edmund Burke
- “Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” – Author Unknown
No comments so far.
Be first to leave comment below.